Subject RE: [ib-support] Urgent: Insufficient Disk Space
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:09 PM 04-09-02 -0500, you wrote:
>Sean, shouldn't the Version info from IBConsole say build 796? I installed
>the
>
> Firebird-1.0.0.796-Win32.exe
>
>But in IBConsole it says is:
>
> "Version WI-V6.2.794 Firebird 1.0"

That's OK. It was a glitch in the installation program. You have the
right release version. If ibserver is stopping you at 4 Gb then just
believe it - the OS is telling it that it can't take any more.

>This is what we have at home and at work and it doesn't let the file size go
>past 4 GB. I do have page size set to 8K. Should it be 16K? But if so,
>that will only double the size, right?

It would double the size of a database page. It doesn't affect the maximum
possible size of a file on your OS's filesystem.

>And I thought the size could go to terabytes.

Database size <> File size

Firebird is designed to be a multi-file database. Just split the database
and carry on.

heLen