Subject RE: [ib-support] IB / Firebird with Microsoft Terminal Server clients (More than one)
Author Thomas Steinmaurer
Hello Trevor,

we had such an installation 2 years ago (using the BDE ;-(), and there
weren't any problems regarding InterBase, so there will not be any
problem with Firebird too.

From my experience it's always good to have a dedicated database server,
so you'd best not installing Firebird on the Terminal Server directly,
but connecting from the Terminal Server to the database server by using
a TCP/IP connection. If you have to install Firebird *on* the Terminal
Server, then make sure, that you are always using remote connections,
even if it is a "local" connection by using 'localhost:c:\...'

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging/Auditing Tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com