Subject Re: [ib-support] firebird on linux users?
Author Martijn Tonies
Hi,

> On Friday 30 August 2002 16:33, Edwin Pratomo wrote:
>
> > what about ibaccess? I have it installed, and use it occasionally, and I
> > think that's good.
>
> I mean, compared to something like Interbase Workbench, which is the best
> have ever tried. I used a trial version on my old Windows box a few months

Thanks for the comment :)

> It would be nice to make a freeware (not GPL if the author doesn't want)
> version of it for Linux when IBObjects are available for Kylix (I am not
sure
> whether they are or not). Anyway, it's out of my hands (it's on Martin's,
who
> can count on me when he decides to make it ;-)

If it only was that easy ... No offence to anyone, but by looking at the
free
tools currently available - you see why mine (and others) aren't free.
There's
a lot of time (years) and money invested in those tools. Hey, if you're
building
a database for your work, and you have a timesaver on your hands, $179 is
not a lot!!

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."