Subject Re: securing the *.gdb
Author skotaylor
--- In ib-support@y..., "Adrian Wreyford" <awreyford@f...> wrote:
> Well Scott my app requires that I supply certain data to the
> customer. It is this data that constitiutes the intellectual
> property, and also thus the interest in the product.

Perhaps you want to supply this data in a proprietary, encrypted
format.

> With access, and I don't in any way wish to use access, you get a
> secured form of the database ie .mde fiel if I recall correctly.

Access, secures data in an encryption system with "password" level
access to the encryption key. It's kinda strange, but it's not hard
to get by if you have at least one password that has to gain access to
the sensitive data.

In your own, compiled, compressed and encrypted, executable no one
needs to know of your encryption. So, for that matter, you can even
store your data in the database encrypted, and only your software
needs to know how to decrypt it.

Good luck.

Scott.

--
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within
himself.

-Galileo