Subject Re: [ib-support] C API set dialect?
Author Paul Reeves
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> I will do that, $50 is about the price of a good book, so it should be
> worth it for the docs. I noticed on IBPoenix something about a CD
> release of Firebird, with some docs. Are those docs not available else
> where? Also are there any API docs on the CD, or will they be with the
> next release.

The current Firebird Documentation set that IBPhoenix has produced
consists of a user guide and a reference manual. There are no API docs yet.

For the most part, the API hasn't changed since v4, so anyone with old
v4 or v5 docs lying around pretty much has everything. The exception, of
course, is for the new stuff like dialects and services. Much of this is
documented in the IB6 beta docs, although it is incomplete. If you want
something that is up-to-date the official Borland media kit is the only
way to go.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves