Subject Re: [ib-support] How take Backup and Restore throu API call
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:04 AM 15-06-02 +0000, Jyotindra Bhoyania wrote:
>Hello Friends,
>
>I what to take Backup and Restore throu API call.
>Now what are the step.
>
>gbak -create -mode read_only old_database.gbk new_database.gdb
>gfix -mode read_only database.gdb
>
>I had tried like this for example
>gbak -create -mode read_only
>'C:\Program Files\Firebird\Examples\V5\employee.gbk'
>'C:\Program Files\Firebird\bin\jbb1.gdb';
>
>But it is give me error.
>Now I do not about the parameter and how to give the Parameter.
>If Some can help me.
>I am Stuck.

If you are doing it through the Services API it's no good trying to call
gbak from your application. Get hold of the APIGuide.pdf manual and follow
the instructions there for using the Services API.

heLen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/