Subject Re: [ib-support] cannot attach services manager, but...
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:17 AM 29-05-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What does the following message means when trying to connect the
>database from a client computer:
>
>---
>
>Attempting to connect to:
>
>Connecting... Passed!
>Server version: WI-V6.2.794 Firebird 1.0
>
>Attempting to connect to services manager...
>Connecting... Failed!
>------------------------------------
>Unsuccessful execution caused by an unavailable resource.
>Cannot attach to services manager.
>---
>
>I've tried to test TCP/IP to 3050 and gds_db and they pass.
>
>I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
>
>The client is a Win2000
>The server is a Win NT Server.

Is this a IB 5.x (ODS 9) database that you are trying to connect to? If
so, you won't be able to use the API Services with it until you upgrade it
(the database) to ODS 10 (gbak -b on v.5.x server, gbak -r on Firebird).

Helen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/