Subject Re: FB crash
Author csswa
I was joking about the Mt St Helen thing, Reggie. Helen is one of
the prolific support providers here. As such, she will 'cut to the
chase' rather than waste time and words. She knows she doesn't need
to coddle me. Also note that despite me vexing her to no end (it's
what I do; sometimes it's all I do <grin>), she went over her
explanation a second time. That's called support, and she's darn
good at it. I understand that it may appear harsh to others but
<sniff> I'll get over it ;-)

Regards,
Andrew Ferguson

--- In ib-support@y..., "Reggie White" <reggiewhite@l...> wrote:
> How come people are so quick to "jump off the handle" on the list.
NG are
> to help those who don't know or understand certain issues. Just
like what
> Andrew is going through, people will eventually stop asking
question or not
> understand and become frustrated with Firebird, then possible move
on to
> another database that will give them the help that they need.
>
> Please remember, now that Interbase/Firebird is open source there
will be
> allot of new people trying to get a grasp of what they can do,
can't do,
> should do, shouldn't do, etc..., all we are asking for is
patience's and a
> little bit of your knowledge.
>

> "Can't we all just get along?"
>
> Thanks

Borland.
> TCP/IP
> > local loopback is a cross-platform convention.
>
> Understood.
>
> > > method 1 creates an
> > >internal windows connection (c:\folder\db.gdb)
> > method 1 creates a *single* communication channel between
gds32.dll
> and
> > ibserver.exe. Period. Localhost, tcp/ip, whatever, NOT involved.
> > > and method 2 creates
> > >the connection via TCP/IP protocol
(127.0.0.1:c:\folder\db.gdb) ???