Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: changing a column type to not null
Author Martijn Tonies
Hi,

> And when switching a nullable field to not-null there is NO adverse
> effect with existing table records containing nulls??

I believe you should make sure there are no NULLs available - but I
also think that if there is a default defined, it will be used for the
NULLs.

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."