Subject Re: [ib-support] FB crash
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:55 PM 07-05-02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>The following problems happen on my FB's systems. (3 independent system,
>with different Opsystem, but the problems are same)
>Unfortunately the probles are not permanent. Only sometimes. ~1/day. But
>this systems are 7*24 safety systems, and this is unacceptable.
>
>Long ago wa use FB RC2 with Borland DBExpress, with no problem.
>Now, we upgrade the systems to Lastest FB, and the Lastest DBExpress,
>and change the DB structure.
>
>I dont use storedprocs, triggers, UDF's. Only simple SELECT, UPDATE and
>DELETE.
>
>1.
>SQL: SELECT SZEMELYAZ, DATUM, HETNAP, NAPTIPUS, MUNKAREND,
>EREDETIMUNKAREND, MRMUSZAK, MUSZAKCSOPORT, MUSZAKJELZO, ADATJAVITOTT,
>KEZINAPLO, KEZIELOJEGYZES, HIBASNAP, ELLENORZOTT, EGESZNAPOSTAVOLLET_JC,
>BE_FORRAS, BE_IDO, BE_IRANY, BE_ESEMENY, BE_SPEC, KI_FORRAS, KI_IDO,
>KI_IRANY, KI_ESEMENY, KI_SPEC, BE_ELMELETI, KI_ELMELETI, BE_MUNKA,
>KI_MUNKA, E_KEZI_JC, E_KEZI_KEZDET, E_KEZI_VEGE, E_KEZI_FIX_JC,
>E_KEZI_FIX_KEZDET, E_KEZI_FIX_VEGE, E_TERMINAL_JC, UTOLSOFELDOLGOZAS,
>MRMCSERE_IDO, MRMCSERE_KEZELOAZ, MRMCSERE_PCAZ, MRMCSERE_TIPUS,
>MRMCSERE_MRAZ, MRMCSERE_SPEC, BIN_DATA, BIN_WORK FROM MI_NAPIADAT WHERE
>SZEMELYAZ=:P_SZEMELYAZ AND DATUM=:P_DATUM
>Table (MI_NAPIADAT): some integer, and float field and
> "BIN_DATA" VARCHAR(4000) CHARACTER SET WIN1250,
> "BIN_WORK" VARCHAR(4000) CHARACTER SET WIN1250,
>
>This SQL with this table, sometimes generate the following result:
>"Cursor unknown" and the interbase.log: "gds_alloc: memory pool
>corrupted"
>
>And then minute-to-minute is much "gds_free: attempt to release bad
>block" and finally: "C:\WinAccess\IB\bin\ibserver.exe: terminated
>abnormally (-1)"
>And ... Restart...
>
>2.
>SQL: SELECT SZEMELYAZ, DATUM, HETNAP, NAPTIPUS, MUNKAREND,
>EREDETIMUNKAREND, MRMUSZAK, MUSZAKCSOPORT, MUSZAKJELZO, ADATJAVITOTT,
>KEZINAPLO, KEZIELOJEGYZES, HIBASNAP, ELLENORZOTT, EGESZNAPOSTAVOLLET_JC,
>BE_FORRAS, BE_IDO, BE_IRANY, BE_ESEMENY, BE_SPEC, KI_FORRAS, KI_IDO,
>KI_IRANY, KI_ESEMENY, KI_SPEC, BE_ELMELETI, KI_ELMELETI, BE_MUNKA,
>KI_MUNKA, E_KEZI_JC, E_KEZI_KEZDET, E_KEZI_VEGE, E_KEZI_FIX_JC,
>E_KEZI_FIX_KEZDET, E_KEZI_FIX_VEGE, E_TERMINAL_JC, UTOLSOFELDOLGOZAS,
>MRMCSERE_IDO, MRMCSERE_KEZELOAZ, MRMCSERE_PCAZ, MRMCSERE_TIPUS,
>MRMCSERE_MRAZ, MRMCSERE_SPEC, BIN_DATA, BIN_WORK FROM MI_NAPIADAT WHERE
>SZEMELYAZ=:P_SZEMELYAZ AND DATUM=:P_DATUM
>
>Result : "SQLDA missing or incorrect version, or incorrect number/type
>of variables", and the interbase log: same as the previous.
>
>I think MAYBE the varchar(4000) with charset win1250 is the key of the
>problem??? Only this two field add to database, before the problem
>started.

Three questions:
1. What is your page size? Is it large enough to accommodate one record?
2. Are you using the proper version of the gds client on all of the client
machines?
3. Is it coincidence that the column names of your two large varchar
columns is BIN_* ? Are you trying to poke binary data into character
containers?

Helen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·