Subject RE: [ib-support] who have experience of using UNICODE_FSS with firebird
Author Donny Lai
Hi David,

It is great that I found out somesone what have experience with UNICODE. I
tried several ODBC and OLEDB driver. I still cannot store UNICODE into the
table. I have created a simple table like this:

Create table UniSample {
iKey integer unique key primary key,
uChar1 VarChar(50) Character Set UNICODE_FSS,
uChar2 VarChar(50) Character Set UNICODE_FSS
}

My objective is to use ADO.NET to work with Firebird in UNICODE. What
driver are you using? Do you have any sample codes?

Best regards.
Donny.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Rail [mailto:daniel@...]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 10:50 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] who have experience of using UNICODE_FSS with
firebird

At 04/22/2002 11:16 AM, you wrote:
>Dear everybody,
>
>who have experience of using UNICODE_FSS with firebird? Could you share
>your experience with me? Post some examples. I cannot store data in
>UNICODE_FSS.

The only problem at the moment is when doing a query using special
characters. Everything else runs smoothly for me and I've been using it
for almost 2 years now on Windows 2000.

What kind of problems are you encountering? What version of Interbase or
Firebird are you using? What platform(Windows, Linux, etc...) are you
using?

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)