Subject Re: [ib-support] Hardware, OS and performance
Author Jason Chapman (JAC2)
I'll vote with Helen on this, it normally depends on which environment is
currently in use / understood by the company employing IB/FB. For us, we
don't have any commercial Linux experience at the moment and nor do our
clients, therefore NT is the choice.

Most sites that I go to are not really pushing IB/FB to its limits and
problems they face (IB/FB poor query plans / poorly designed DBs / poorly
implemented client code), would impact any environment.

I did read your orignal post, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't
require a significant tome to reply.

So for my one piece of advice - poor client code will always kill server
performance. This seems to be the biggest problem that I face day to day.
Oh and wear sunscreen :-) .

JAC.