Subject Re: [ib-support] Multiple threads on a local database
Author SD@topol.udm.net
On 5 Apr 2002 at 1:09, scaddenp wrote:

>I have heard there is problem with multithreading on a local
>database. I am using Interbase of a standalone computer (at sea) and
>want to execute completely different queries on separate threads of
>an application. Is the problem in the local connection (so that no
>client software will help) or is there a client strategy that will
>allow me do get away with this?

Local connect won't allow you multithreaded query execution. And
there is no way to win this. But if there is the TCP/IP protocol on
that computer (usully is, for the sake of dial-up adapter) you will
be able to use 'localhost' as the name of the server and be happy. I
don't know whether it is possible to use NetBEUI (which is, as I
heard, essential of windows' network subsystem) for this purpose.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.