Subject RE: [ib-support] Any ideas
Author Wilson, Fred
Yup, we've been able to repeat it "on demand".. We haven't looked deeply
into it to see what happens to the application (it's only one of 'em) when
it "goes west", but we know how to provoke it and we know that there was
some badly written code that's in the wrapper layer around the API interface
that was coded.
Right now, we're trying to get a release ready to go, so we're more
interested in getting the bug fixed (which we did) than tracing through,
trying to find out exactly what the application did after the "incident".
Later, I can look through the app and see what it was doing.
What it was doing, in the Commit method, was, if the commit() failed, it was
setting the transaction handle to NULL. I suspect that the application
is/was still attempting to use it somewhere. The Rollback method, basically
was never getting called, or I should say, would never work (after a
Commit() failed), as one of the first checks in the Rollback() method is to
check for a NULL transaction handle. This, of course, produced a
transaction gap, but, as I mentioned, we haven't followed it further to see
what else was going on. We fixed this bug and have now continued on, looking
for a couple of more things.
Like I mentioned, the corruption is 100% reproducable.

Best,
Fred Wilson
SE, Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...