Subject Re: [ib-support] Unable to set password
Author Mark O'Donohue
sveinn@... wrote:

>I just installed the new SuperServer RPM package on fresh Red Hat 7.1
>server and it went well without any errors being reported.
>I don't however seem to be able to set a password for the SYSDBA
>account.
>When I try /opt/interbase/bin/gsec -password mypass
>I get this error:
>connection rejected by remote interface
>unable to open database

I assume we are talking sysdba here.

try:

/opt/interbase/bin/changeDBAPassword.sh

(it changes the password and updates the /etc/init.d/firebird scriptn).

or

/opt/interbase/bin/gsec -user sysdba -password mypass

and edit the script youself.

I assume it left the generated sysdba password in
/opt/interbase/SYSDBA.password, is that the case?

Cheers

Mark

--
Your database needs YOU!