Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: IB6 BUG #221589: numeric fields and mathematical operations
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
""lobolo2000"" <lobolo2000@...> wrote in message
news:001001c12ce8$f87f4650$01000001@supradpt...
> This is a simple
> case. What if there were lots of variables involved in divisions in a
> formula?

I think you would need to cater for your needs in advance. Dialect 3 solves
some issues and creates others. If you had IB5 stored procedures, you should
compile them under dialect 1 in IB6 or FB. Otherwise, their behavior
regarding math operations will be different.
Our known, long-time SQL expert (Diane) seems to be on vacation, so I can't
ask her about intermediate results. The question is whether the SQL committe
leaves those details to the implementation or says exactly what to do and in
this case, if IB/FB follows the exact recipe.

C.
--
Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://www.firebirdSql.org
Independent developer