Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: New Firebird Release 1.0.0 Beta2 Available
Author Mark O'Donohue
Hi Alex

Alexander V.Nevsky wrote:

> Mark, can't you recommend what versions of kernel, glibc, maybe
> other libs are most suitable to run this release?

Im running it on Mandrake 7.2 and Mandrake 8.0 (and occasional tests on
RedHat 7.0) [ I also do occasional tests on the win32 version via vmware
but I don't talk too much about that :-). ].

There is nothing special about the kernel or glibc versions, used, they
are roughly in line with security updates from the standard releases.

Actually, I think i just figured out what your getting at :-).

This (linux) version does not do 64bit IO. There is a patch for that
and it's currently in testing, and a seperate 64bit io binary will be
released.

That one will have specific kernel and glibc and filesystemtype
limitations before it will work correctly. It's precisely because of
the tricky nature of determining lfs support in pre Mandrake 8.0 (and I
think Redhat 7.1 ?) that make it a candidate for a seperate release.
(Im currently testing it on Mandrake8.0 with reiserfs, but its taking
some time mainly because of bits to do with the current release and the
odd bit of time I spend doing my real job :-).

Cheers

Mark
--
Your database needs YOU!