Subject RE: [ib-support] Single Processor
Author Mike Grover
Ok, no problem...

mike

I got my temp files to work, It is still working first index,

I believe it is on step 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseSupport@...]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:59 PM
To: 'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Single Processor

Mike,

Actually I just realized (doh!) that indexing is a 3 step process.

Step 1, read all the rows and extract the index data to a temp/sort file

Step 2, sort the temp file

Step 3, build the 'b-tree' index structure using the sorted temp file
data.

So, I don't see progress being feasible... accordingly, I won't log
it,ok?

Sean

Get VeriSign's FREE GUIDE: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Learn about using SSL for serious online security. Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KYe3qC/I56CAA/yigFAA/dpFolB/TM