Subject RE: [ib-support] Importing From External File
Author Mike Grover
Ya, I made a typo, it should be 'xxxxxxxxx'
for IB.

I have figured out that I need to index on lat and long seperately.

To all in this news group:

You have been a wonderfull help!!!

thanks, mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Chamberlin [mailto:dchamberlin@...]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 8:18 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Cc: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Importing From External File

At 8/17/2001 09:21 AM (Friday), Mike Grover wrote:
>Should I query in IB like this:
>SELECT * FROM EXPERIAN WHERE LATITUDE BETWEEN "xxxxxxxxx" AND "xxxxxxxxx"
>AND
>LONGITUDE BETWEEN "xxxxxxxxx" AND "xxxxxxxxx"
>or
>SELECT * FROM EXPERIAN WHERE LATITUDE >= "xxxxxxxxx" AND LONGITUDE >=
>"xxxxxxxxx"
>AND LATITUDE <= "xxxxxxxxx" AND LONGITUDE <= "xxxxxxxxx"

I don't think it should matter.

However, you want two separate indexes, one on LATITUDE and one on LONGITUDE.

Those are VARCHAR or CHAR fields, right? (Even though they contain numeric
characters.) If so, you want to use single quotes to delimit them, not
double quotes as you have done above.

Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Secure corporate intranets? Authenticate your Web sites? Whatever
security your site needs, you'll find the perfect solution here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Bre3tC/Q56CAA/yigFAA/dpFolB/TM