Subject Re: [ib-support] Syncronizing Databases
Author Louis van Alphen
We have exactly the same situation.

There are tools out there that can determine the metadata difference and
generate a script to bring the target DB in line with the source DB. But
these tools are far from perfect. They dont look at dependencies and just
generate a script. You have to put the parts in the correct order yourself.
E.g. if a SP has changed by adding or removing a parameter, you have to
disable the calls to this sp in all dependent sps before you add the param
otherwise you break the db. Only then you re-enable the calls to the
changed sp. This example is a 3-step process that none of the tools provide
for. This becomes cumbersome for a DB with a lot of metadata.

We are in the process of building a tool that will do this, but it is quite
complex as you can quite imagine.

At the moment we keep close track of what we change and generate scripts
for each part.