Subject Re: [ib-support] Syncronizing Databases
Author Joe Martinez
I do all of the database metadata updates in my application's code, not with
scripts. I have a settings table. One of the settings is the "Database
Version". I define those numbers myself. When the application starts, the
first thing it does is query the settings table to find out what the current
database version is. The application knows which data version it should be
on, so if there are updates to be made, it simply executes the appropriate
SQL commands, updates the settings table for the new data version, and
continues starting the application.

-Joe