Subject RE: [ib-support] Importing Records
Author Mike Grover
opps, My transaction is every million records, sorry

mike...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Grover [mailto:mike@...]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 2:08 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Importing Records

Does anybody know of a way import a very large number of records into
IB6

I have a IB6 table with a record with of 360

I am adding records by the SQL command INSERT

and doing a transaction about every 1000000 million records.

This is being done on a machine with 2 PIII processor's
1 gig of ram, and 5 - 70 Gig SCSI drives.

I'm only getting about 8 million records / hour, and i have 110 million
records to import.

There is no Index's setup yet or no triggers and Constraints.

thanx mike