Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: --* Please Help*--- Database corruptionand
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
"Nando Dessena" <nandod@...> wrote in message
news:3B738EA8.749F9B94@......

> Anyway, I'll add my share of confusion: Sean states that the bug is
> huge, other say it's no longer there in IB6. if it were, I agree thata
> GetFullPathName would be a less intrusive fix than exclusive access.
> Ciao

Why can't a db server take exclusive access to the files it's managing? As a
minor side effect, it could stop people that copy a working gdb in use with
operating system commands and they ask later why the copy is corrupted.

Does Anybody have knowledge on the lock type used by other db engines in
Win32, like Oracle and MsSql?

C.
--
Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://www.firebirdSql.org