Subject RE: [ib-support] Re IB security
Author Pete Bray
Helen,

the SP is called many times from the client and the SP performs a single
insert only. The TimeStamp value is generated from the client app because it
has to be Universal Coordinated time (or whatever it is called) because we
have clients in different timezones. What I observe is occasional periods
(which typically last for a couple of hours) where each record is double
entered and then a few weeks when everything works just fine.

By the way what do people think about the suggestion of a NowUTC function so
that the server can generate timestamps in universal time - i use timestamps
a lot for logging and replication purposes, and with clients in the UK and
USA it has to be UTC?

Kind regards,
Pete Bray