Subject Re: [ib-support] Possible Bug w/ After Delete triggers
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 09:38 AM 5/12/2001 +0000, Béru wrote:
>delete from MaTable where Champ1=1 and Champ2=1
>
>The table is empty after this !
>
>Now:
>create index monindex on matable(champ1, champ2)
>delete from MaTable where Champ1=1 and Champ2=1
>
>after this the table contents will be
>1 1
>1 2
>1 3
>1 4

Yes, that is a bug, one that has been in InterBase since
the beginning. It's the same bug that causes an insert
like this:

insert into a (f1) select (f1 + 1) from a

to be infinite. The SQL standard distinctly
says that operations shall work on the state of data at
the time the statement began. (Rather more elegantly and
completely, but that's the idea.) i think I know how to
fix it, but the fix should wait until after Firebird 1.

Regards,

Ann

Regards,

Ann