Subject Re: [ib-support] V5.6->V6 migration questions
Author Joe Martinez
Ok, here's how I'm interpreting this. Let me know if this is correct:

IB5 uses ODS9. IB6 (regardless of dialect) uses ODS10. IB6 (and all
Firebird) can handle either ODS 9 or ODS10 databases.

A couple more questions:

If I back up my V5 (ODS9) database with V5 server manager and restore it with
V6 (or Firebird) IBConsole, will the resulting database then be ODS10?

Can I use IBConsole (on Firebird) to back up an ODS9 database and then
restore it? If so, same question as above.

I remember hearing (back when the IB6 source was first released) that there
was a bug in the backup/restore in IBConsole, and that GBAK should be used
instead. Has this been fixed as of the 12/2000 build of Firebird?

Thanks,
Joe