Subject Re: [ib-support] isql problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:56 PM 06-05-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I am attempting to setup a batch file to run a metadata extract of my
>database from a client machine. I keep getting username/password
>errors and I'm sure the username and password exist on the server and
>client and that I have not mis-typed anything. I'm beginning to
>wonder if the order of isql command line arguments is the problem.
>
>Here's my command line for ISQL:
>
>isql -user SYSDBA -password myPassword -a -output c:\gcrc.ddl
>cdmas:e:\dbdev\gcrc.gdb
>
>can anynody spot the problem?

No, it looks fine to me. I tested it and got the ddl outputting to the screen as expected. So I explored some more.

I changed the SYSDBA password in my string to "mickey" instead of "masterkey" and it still worked fine. Then I changed the username to "bronco" (there is no such user) and THAT still worked fine.

Encouraged, I then removed the user and password altogether and - guess what? - it still worked fine.

Then I decided to inspect the output. Surprise, surprise - no file. But the equivalent of the following produced a file and no syntax error:

isql -a -output > c:\gcrc.ddl cdmas:e:\dbdev\gcrc.gdb

Could this be a permissions problem? your OS login not permitted to write to the root of the C drive?

Helen

All for Open and Open for All