Subject Re: [ib-support] IB 6.01 SuperServer RH 7.0 Linux Installation
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:50 AM 07-05-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everybody!
>
>I've just downloaded the source of Interbase6.01SS from interbase.com and after 'unzip' there are 2 files. What should I do with th INSTALL file? I've 'unzip' the .tgz file that had created a tree. I 'unzipped' it to /usr/local/src.

You won't be able to install this software until you have built it.

This list is for support of users of the binary software. You could try the following:

Go to news://forums.inprise.com and subscribe to the borland.public.interbase.opensource group and post your question there

and/or

go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird, look up the documentation there and pick up a HowTo on building the Firebird source.

Alternatively, you could see whether there is a built version available for download from http://www.mers.com

or

you could use the Firebird binary instead.

Please don't post any more build questions to ib-support.

If you want to build Firebird from source, you will get help by joining SourceForge and subscribing to the Firebird-devel list. You can scan the archives of that list at news://news.atkin.com.

Regards,
Helen
(moderator)

All for Open and Open for All