Subject Re: [ib-support] select bug on Linux!!
Author Schlottmann-Goedde@t-online.de
Brad Pepers wrote:

> In looking for the delay problem I have, I started with thinking its a common
> problem on Linux systems. The problem is that Linux select() calls work
> differently than just about every other Unix system.

Never did a "man select" before, but it seems to me that you are right.

> So at least this one place in the code should be fixed. I sadly don't have a
> build environment to test this but I hope someone else can soon since I think
> its a pretty major bug! Also a general review of the use of select in
> Firebird should be done in case there are other places with the same problem
> on Linux.

I will take a closer look at this as soon as possible.
If you haven't already done it, you may log this as a bug
at sourcefourge
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=9028&atid=109028

Frank

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."