Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Accessing Interbase on a LAN
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 2/16/2001 03:00 PM (Friday), mss@... wrote:
>I have never successfully used Interbase across a LAN. I can't
>believe this is so difficult! Isn't there documentation somewhere
>that shows how to set this up and/or troubleshoot the problems? (The
>Operations Guide includes a troubleshooting section but does not
>address the specific problem that I am experiencing.)

The problems you are experiencing are due to the network setup not being
correct so please (pretty please!) don't blame Interbase or its documentation.

You described setting the server's IP address pretty well. That sounds
fine. Did you reboot the machine after these settings were changed? (I
think WinME requires this but I'm not sure.)

Anyway, perform the same steps on your other (client) machine except use
the 192.168.0.2 IP address.

Now, open a DOS window on the client machine and enter "ping 192.168.0.1".
If you do not successfully see the pinging happening then there is
something else wrong with your network setup.