Subject RE: [ib-support] RC1 Error
Author Paul Schmidt
On 4 Dec 2001, at 15:34, Ann W. Harrison wrote:

> The file open is failing - it would fail if you tried
> to open it with notepad, or anything. My knowledge of
> Windows system management has been exhausted - no challenge
> there. What Windows mean when it says: "Insufficient system
> resources exist to complete the requested service"?

This is the problem, there are a number of resources, and Windows
in Microsoft's infinite wisdom, gives the same message if any of
them are insufficient. The other problem is that it doesn't tell you
how insufficient. For example suppose you think it's RAM, so you
add 128MB, and that doesn't help, so do you add another 128MB?
or think it's something else.

I would see if you have the System Monitor, and enable all of the
tests, and then try to open the file, see if any of them "freak out"
before it gives you the error.

Paul

Paul Schmidt
Tricat Technologies