> I'd like to see what Phil reports with respect to his testing on Win2K
> before making a real issue of this...
OK, I did two tests overnight on W2K Workstations (non SCSI/RAID) with FB RC1
I imported about 200Mb into an empty database on each machine, and I left
both machines 'idle' for 2 hours after the import process. On Machine 1, I
pulled the power cord, on Machine 2 I closed down the client app's database
connection, and pulled the power cord. On reboot, Machine 1 had an empty
database, Machine 2 had all the data.
This seams to me that Windows is not flushing the changes to the file until
after the database connection has been closed.
In the case of my app, which is running 24/7 and importing 200Mb of data a
day, something is going blow at some point!
11:30am up 35 days, 4:41, 1 user, load average: 0.66, 0.21, 0.06