Subject Re: [ib-support] W2k Lost Network
Author Marco Lauria
At 12.32 09/11/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Lester,
>
>this a completly other problem and I can reproduce it. I know you are
>using IBO so you can solve your problem by using a "local" connection
>string like "C:\data\test.gdb" instead of "W2K:C:\data\test.gdb". This
>will ignore a broken network connection (I have proved it with W2KSP2).

Yes but using local connection under windows isn't good...
As Far As I can remember there was a bug ....
in fact if you use local conneciton IB server does not write changes directly
to the disk...
and in case of power failure before that you close your connection
may result in a loss of data.
Regards
Marco Lauria
STARMAX s.a.s.