Subject Re: [ib-support] Interbase Transactions
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
I believe this was a Before Insert trigger, which simply says that if no
value for IDFIELD has been generated, then generate one. So Helen's code is
just fine.

Set

At 10:11 15.12.2000 +0200, you wrote:

> IF ((NEW.IDFIELD IS NULL) OR (NEW.IDFIELD=0)) THEN
> NEW.IDFIELD = GEN_ID(THEGENERATOR, 1);
>
> Helen

Helen,
a field needs a generator will be unique, unique fields can't be null or
duplicate
so that,
if the field is null
then this trigger never called. ( becouse cant pass the validation
check )
else
'NEW.IDFIELD IS NULL' control is an garbage command and make busy our
IB uh?
( and inc. our code of course too )

am i wrong ? ( sorry about my ugly english )

eGroups Sponsor
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=102308.1038796.2731130.908943/D=egroupmail/S=17000077
09:N/A=466331/?http://features.yahoo.com/webceleb/carrey/>Click Here!

<<<<