Subject Re: Again: can't install fdb
Author skoczian
--- In firebird-python@yahoogroups.com, "skoczian" wrote:

> --- In firebird-python@yahoogroups.com, Philippe Makowski wrote:
> > > may be a bug in ctypes.util.find_library
> > cf (
> > http://grokbase.com/t/python/python-bugs-list/12akm2rs91/issue16283-ctypes-util-find-library-does-not-find-all-dlls-anymore
> > )
> >
> Looks exactly right and would explain why I got the problem now, after changing to Python 3.3.
>
> > so try :
> > from ctypes import *
> > from ctypes.util import find_library
> >
> > fb_library_name = find_library('fbclient.dll')
> >
> That finds the .dll, either the instance in firebird_2_5\bin or that in the windows system directory. Thank you! So should I change the find_library call in ibase.py to include the extension? Still a hack, but not quite so bad?

Changed ibase.py like this:

if sys.platform == 'darwin':
fb_library_name = find_library('Firebird')
elif sys.platform == 'win32':
fb_library_name = find_library('fbclient.dll')
else:
fb_library_name = find_library('fbclient')
if sys.platform in ['win32', 'cygwin', 'os2', 'os2emx']:
fb_library = WinDLL(fb_library_name)
else:
fb_library = CDLL(fb_library_name)

Installing and using fdb succeeded after the change. Thank you!

Sibylle