Subject Re: [firebird-php] php 7.3 ibase_connect bug #72175
Author
Zitat von "Lester Caine lester@... [firebird-php]"
<firebird-php@yahoogroups.com>:

> On 30/12/2018 14:34, tonne1@... [firebird-php] wrote:
>> I'm happy to test bugfixes. ibase_connect has worked until php 7.0.3.
>
> Are you sure on that? I thought the problem predated even that,

I went from php 5.4 straight to 7.3, but several commentators in
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=72175 confirmed that the bug did not
exist in php 5.6 and was introduced with 7.0.3. One commentator
claimed that 7.0.0 was still ok. If it helps with bugfixing, I can
setup some xampp environments to verify exactly which was the last
working version, starting from 7.0.0.

> but personally I only use a singleton connection to each database so
> don't see the problem myself.

It is easy to reproduce, just use one of my code snippets.

Regardless of other issues which might be involved here, like garbage
collection, ibase_connect must not invalidate any other resource.
Actually no function should have such side-effects, plus unlimited in
scope.

Lets say you want to monitor a query using the $mon-tables. You just
can't if ibase_connect kills your initial connection.

Volker