Subject Re: [firebird-php] Firebird 1.5.6 + PHP 5.4.20 + i7 Haswell processor Linux 64 bit
Author Lester Caine
On 16/06/14 10:27, Sakhile Njoko sakhinjoko@... [firebird-php]
wrote:
> Thanks Masotti for trying to help. I ended up migrating to postgres.
> Everything is working well so far. It was the toughest decision because
> I truly love firebird but php support for firebird is quite poor.
> Unfortunately, php is critical in my applications.

Sakhile - I'm not able to say why your performance is so bad. It's not
something I've ever seen myself, and all I have used with PHP is
Firebird. While I am still using FB1.5 on some sites, I've had little
trouble with that legacy code accessing FB2.1 servers and I suspect
something other than 'PHP' is actually at the back of your problems. The
software that is tying you to FB1.5 WILL need to be replaced at some
point if only because of hardware failure but I understand the pressure
from users who do not accept changes. Some of my sites are still using
W2k because it works ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL