Subject Re: [firebird-php] Some questions about php_interbase.dll
Author marius adrian popa
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM, marius adrian popa <mapopa@...> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Oscar DarĂ­o Perdiguero
> <dperdisysa@...> wrote:
>>

>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm a developer new to php + firebird but not to firebird. I'm using
>> this from IB 4.0 but with delphi and I want to reach similar
>> functionality in php. To do this I have some ideas to expand
>> functionality into php_interbase.dll (or may be create a php_firebird.dll).
>>
>> My goal is to create all the necesary functions to public the full API
>> from firebird to php and create some functions of higer level that
>> simplify some repetitive tasks.
>>
>> I have some questions about it:
>>
>> 1) Is this posible?
> download the source code from php.net , for example 5.3.x
> and the related firebird/interbase code is under ext/interbase/
> and if you use pdo
> ext/pdo_firebird
>
> you can help with testing and fixing the bugs from pdo_firebird and interbase
> later i guess if there are too many differences with interabase
> extension we can do
> a fork and create the firebird clean extension
>>
>> 2) Where can I get the source codes?
> php.net
>>
>> 3) Is any body working on it?
> there are some people who fix some bugs , they are on php internals
>>
>> 4) Is another similar project on going?
> no , only the source from php.net exists
>>
>> 5) I'm C++ Builder and Delphi Programer and I'd like to know if it is
>> possible to compile using this?
> it might be possible to compile with c++ builder but
> php .net requires/forces only visual studio on win or the g++ on linux
> but my guess is that you can compile it with mingw too or g++ on cygwin
> that would be more interesting (the mingw path of compiling)

Here is the article on building on windows
http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=3547
related documentation
http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/libs/firebird
http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows

If it's easier to you in my opinion it's better to install a ubuntu
virtual machine in virtualbox
and compile develop from there the extension