Subject Re: [firebird-php] good news about the php windows builds
Author Lester Caine
Umberto Masotti wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> marius adrian popa ha scritto:
>> i will add my guide to the php wiki notes
>>
>> http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2009/09/building-firebird-extension-for-php-53x.html
>>
> I've started some time ago, to put some notes about fbclient building
> for PHP in
> http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/libs/firebird
> but never finished because they want description to build fbclient.dll
> *from sources* with VC6 and VC9 and the first is clearly impossible for fb2.
> Actually there are some points there that anyway needs to be corrected
> and reviewed, but now I'm translating 2.1.3 release notice and I want to
> release that ASAP.
>
> There are several questionable points imho also in
> http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/libs
> where firebird is not listed at all and there is confusion about what
> ibase is for.

I still believe the main problem here is that the people now in control
of the windows builds are paid by M$ and the whole exercise that they
were paid for was to make PHP actually work with IIS. It has been done
at the expense of having proper support for Apache in PHP5.3!

Adding to the problems is the fact that much of the older php
infrastructure is no longer available with PHP5.3 either due to the core
changes to 5.3, or to the 'new rules' for windows. And even on Linux I'm
now having problems with ensuring that my live installation is NOT
updated to 5.3 :( I've just had to build 5.2.11 from scratch to replace
the 5.3 build.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL