Subject Re: [firebird-php] (nessun oggetto)
Author Vlad Khorsun
> Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>>> For those willing to create a better cooperation effort (Vlad?), I'm
>>> idling on freenode and I'm still open to any solution. I'm also still
>>> ready to help anyone asking for help.
>>
>> Well, what about my offer to use binaries supplied with FB for
>> development and QA ?
>>
>> Probably i'm lost in long past discussions, so, please, could you
>> summarize the issue and possible solition(s) as you see it now ?
>
> Vlad - I have an x86 client compiled on VC9 using the current CVS head.

It is still in Beta (while very close to RC)...

> The only problem I have is that the control panel app will not compile
> as I only have the free version of VSExpress.

You don't need CPL applet ;)

> There should be no problem
> with that DLL accessing older versions of Firebird?

It must work fine, except of local protocol and 1.5.x server.

> It is working
> happily into an x64 distribution of FB2.1.2 on the Vista64 box from my
> W2k php server.
>
> I can't do an x64 build of the same thing as again VSExpress does not
> allow it, although I do believe that if we could bypass VS, the SDK
> could then handle it the same way that php is now built. It is using VS
> projects for the non-visual stuff that is causing the problem :(

You could ask DY to build VC9 versions of HEAD but i doubt it is OK to
distribute beta version...

BTW, if we wouldn't reach agreement with PHP team - how difficult is to
build PHP extension by ourself and distribute it with Firebird ? Is it possible ?
I.e. is extension is open sourced and available for everyone ?

Regards,
Vlad