Subject Re: [firebird-php] Recommendations for PHP based web SQL reporting tool
Author Lester Caine
myles@... wrote:
> I'm looking for options on a PHP based SQL reporting tool that I can use
> with Firebird for an application. It can be OSS or Commercial. I need to
> be able to provide my customers the ability to create their own reports via
> a web application against a server that is on a WAN away from them.
>
> Has anyone come across something like this in their travels before?

I'm in the same boat.

I keep coming back to ReportMan as the report server does a nice job,
but it's not the easiest option for adhoc reports :( but sending
parameters to existing reports is easy.

The other approach touches on the ORM thread. bitweaver has a nice base
framework with ADOdb and Smarty, and it's easy to build forms and result
sets of any type, so I'm probably going to roll my own down that avenue.

But any other option worth looking at .....

As an aside - activity on this list is very low, but I am sure that a
LOT of us are using PHP - any ideas how we can assess just how many?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL