Subject Re: [firebird-php] Re: Installing FB1.5 on XAMPP (W2K, Apache 2, PHP5)
Author Lester Caine
ublix2005 wrote:

> @Lester
> The W2K is running in VMWare. It is a absolut fresh install
> without any other software - only XAMPP 1.4.14 and FB 1.5.2 - all
I've never actually bothered with XAMPP since all I wanted was Apache
and PHP, which install cleanly direct from their sites. I just update on
or the other as required.

> installations with default settings. I only manually set the entry
> "extension=php_interbase.dll" in phi.ini.
> (BTW, in my Working-System, a W2K too, the same error appears.)
> How respective where can I add your tip "gds_db 3050/tcp"?
That was to go at the end of 'services' file, but I don't have that
entry on my working systems, so it's a red herring.

> There is no firewall and the entry 'localhost' is in hosts.
> I have testet FB manually in a DOS-Box with isql - it does work.
I presume we are past the point of 'is php_interbase.dll installed, and
it is coming up your the phpinfo list?
So we are down to a networking problem. Did you install Firebird WITH
the copy of gds32.dll created in the system directory? That is needed by
php_interbase in order to connect at all. Next thing I would be doing is
trying IB_SQL or IBOConsole to check that the connection string is OK.
Both give a few more error messages that can help track a problem.

--
Lester Caine