Subject Re: [firebird-php] Installing GD2 lib on FC3 and PHP 4.3
Author Milan Babuskov
Todd Cary wrote:
> Here is the part I do not understand:
>
> With the creation of interbase.so in the "modules" directory, I gave the
> configuration command of
>
> --with-interbase=shared,/opt/interbase
>
> Now I assume the "shared" means to create an "so" so that Interbase can
> be shared and the "/opt/interbase" tells where the Interbase libraries
> are locatd. Then I put the interbase.so into a directory for php
> modules and tell php to load it with the "interbase.ini" file. I am not
> sure where/how to get a "gd.so" file or if that is even what I should be
> trying to do.

Just run configure like this:

./configure --with-gd=shared

and run "make" afterwards. You will get gd.so file. Simply copy it to
directory for php modules and uncomment gd.so in php.ini file. It is
done the same as for interbase.so, the only difference it that you don't
have to give the path (it will be autodetected).

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org