Subject Re: PDO
Author darren_pwrs
Ok got PHP_intebase working and am now working on generating a
html_TreeMenu from a database query.

I'm using HTML_TreeMenu and loopping through my results but i keep
getting this message "Call to a member function addItem() on a
non-object". I have done hardly any OOP but I think the problem is
somewhere in the this code:

while($row = ibase_fetch_object($result)) {
//print_r($Result);
echo $row->Name .'<br>';
echo 'Parent, '.$row->ParentId .'<br>';
echo $row->ID .'<br>';
// populate variables from db...
$branch=$row->ID;
$branch_parent = $row->ParentId;
$branch_value = $row->Name;
echo 'branch, '.$branch;
/*
$branch = $db->f("ID");
$branch_parent = $db->f("ParentId");
$branch_value = $db->f("Name");*/

// Build tree...
if($branch_parent) {
$$branch_parent=$branch_parent;
$$branch = &$$branch_parent->addItem(new HTML_TreeNode(array('text'
=> $branch, 'link' => $branch_value, 'icon' => $icon, 'expandedIcon'
=> $expandedIcon)));
} else {
$$branch = new HTML_TreeNode(array('text' => $branch, 'link' =>
$branch_value, 'icon' => $icon, 'expandedIcon' => $expandedIcon));
$tree[$i++] = &$$branch; // Indexed reference for final tree
consruction.
}
//unset($branch);
//unset($branch_parent);
//unset($branch_value);

//$Result = $db->next_record();
} //wend

thanks for all the help, some time even the smallest comments just
seem to make things click.
Darren