Subject Re: [firebird-php] PDO
Author Lester Caine
darren_pwrs wrote:

> Hi all. I'm pretty new to php and to this group so I hope you can all
> bear with me.
> I'm just started working with firebird and php together and wanted to
> know if any one has used PDO extention for PHP5? If not then can you
> let me know what extention I need to intall to work with Firebird? I'm
> using PHP5 and I tried enabling ;extension=php_interbase.dll but that
> didn't work so I've started using PDO.

And PDO is working?
PDO does not have all of the 'nice features' of php_interbase, so we
have not been bothering to even test it :(
So the question has to be - Why did php_interbase not work for you. I
use it in conjunction with ADOdb without a problem :)

> If any one knows of a good site for PDO that would be great to.

Since it has not even gone to a production release yet, there is very
little support, and unless someone fancies playing with it, the firebird
driver for it will not be developed much above the simple stuff!

--
Lester Caine