Subject Re: [firebird-php] any one use sohlius web host?
Author Lester Caine
Alan McDonald wrote:

> I had IIS with PHP on a W2k machine and it IS slower than Apache2+PHP on
> the same machine. Since loosing the need for ASP on that machine users
> are happier ;) ( Yes - I could run both IIS and Apache on the machine,
> but that slowed everything down ! )

> ] IIS and apache? on the same port? how does that work?

Not on the same port.

Apache was running 8080, and the firewall router takes care of the rest
by mapping port 80 to port 8090 and port 8080 to 8085 externally. Then
the redirect ( in Claranet in my case ) selects the correct port for the
web address ;)

I've only one external IP address, and ports 80 and 8080 link to two
other servers :)

--
Lester Caine