Subject RE: [firebird-php] Making PHP aware of Firebird
Author Thomas Beneken
Hi Evan,

I'm new to the list and PHP and Firebird too.

And I run Firebird with Windows (shame on me).

The thing is: there are extensions to PHP.
The only thing is to activate them.
I have a php.ini file in my system root
and only added extension=php_interbase.dll .

The next thing You need is a dynamic library
for access to the server somewhere on the net.
On windows machines it's a gds.dll (old one)
or fbclient.dll (for v1.5). Put it where
php_interbase.dll can find it.

On a linux machine it should follow the same concept,
I think?

Good luck,
Thomas

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/