Subject Re: Fw: [Firebird-devel] PHP Interbase 'Improvements'
Author Didier Gasser-Morlay
--- In firebird-php@yahoogroups.com, Lester Caine <lester@l...> wrote:
> >>PHP4.3.3RC1 has been release and has the following note:-
> <SNIP>
> > if you have any questions about it (or other suggestions)
> > ..... here I am :)
> >
> > Daniela
>
> Nice to see someone taking an interest, and that can
> actually build the thing :)
>
> I think there will be a lot more interest in PHP/Firebird in
> the future, so as long as we can maintain compatibility.

Lester, I just checked: there are 63 members now, in a bit over 48
hours since this list came into existence !

> I'd love to see a Firebird specific module, but since I have
> not got the time, it's not something I would push for -
> while the interbase one works ;)

I don't have the knowledge but I can see very quickly a fork coming
pretty soon. already adodb had to fork IB and Fb implementation ...

I'd be happy to help in (beta)testing, documenting ... such a module
because I believe very strongly that FB is a very credible solution
combined with PHP.

Didier