Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Jaybird 3.1 to be release as Jaybird 4
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 12-8-2017 11:15, hugo.larson@... [Firebird-Java] wrote:
> We have hundreds of installation and upgrading Excelsior Java is a lot
> of work. I'm considering to jump straight to java 9 but have not made a
> decision yet.
>
> I have tested 3.0.1 and it's working. Do you recommend upgrading all to
> 3.0.1 from 2.2.13 or should I wait for Jaybird 4?

I don't have a firm release date for Jaybird 4 yet. I don't expect it to
take the 5 years from 2.2.0 to 3.0.0, but there are some other factors
right now that limit the time I am able to spend on Jaybird.

> As I understand you will not be making any more updates on 3.0.1?

I'm not sure if and where I gave that impression, but that is not the
case. I will be releasing 3.0.x updates at least until the release of
Jaybird 4, and probably a few updates afterwards (depending on severity
and necessity).

For example I will release Jaybird 3.0.2 somewhere this month (probably
next week), which relaxes the connection character set requirement back
to that of 2.2.x.

And there is a 2.2.14 forthcoming, currently planned for September, but
given its current content (a single bug of very low impact), I might
defer it until later.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel