Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to complete network request to host
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 18-5-2013 13:20, hugo.larson wrote:
> Here is another exception:
>
> Caused by: org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: Error reading data from the connection.
> null
> at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.receiveResponse(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.iscStartTransaction(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.GDSHelper.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.findIscTrHandle(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.internalStart(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.internalBegin(Unknown Source)
> at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.begin(Unknown Source)
> ... 66 more

This is triggered by an IOException as well, unfortunately I didn't
include it for this Exception. However, this IOException should be
logged if you have logging setup and enabled on debug level.

The stacktrace you sent earlier was with iscStartTransaction as well,
but then during the send of the transaction start operation, now it is
failing after the operation has been sent, but during the receive of the
response from the server. Is there anything in the logs of Firebird?

I will review the transaction code. Do you by any chance use a custom
transaction parameter buffer or transaction configuration?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel